Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Dad The General












I would have posted this yesterday but I went to bed at an extremely early hour. I just wanted to write a letter to my dad to let him know how proud I am to be his daughter and to say thank you.
Last week my school did a Veterans Assembly to thank the Veterans. My dad spoke at it and I was able to introduce him. I know that my dad has done and accomplished a lot but; as I read through all of the things he has been in charge of, all the places he has been to, all of his education, etc. I was amazed by him and so proud.
My dad is and always has been an extremely hard worker. He nevers ceases to amaze me with how much energy and wisdom he has. I have always thought that when he retires he won't know what to do with himself. I also love to watch and see how much people respect him and look up to him. My dad is always one of the first people I go to when I need to make an important decision. I trust his judgement and love to hear his advice.
I am always proud of whose daughter I am. I am very loyal to my family and very protective of them. I have learned a lot from my dad, especially in my profession as a teacher.
One thing I appreciate so much about my dad is how he loves, cares about, and respects my mom. I don't think I have ever heard him bear his testimony without thanking my mom for all she had done.
So dad, thank you for all you do in your family life and in your professional life and for the National Guard and your country. Thank you for being such a wonderful example. I really look up to you and love you. I also love to say that I am the General's Daughter.

Love,


Cammie

3 comments:

The Liechty's said...

You need to put Rylin's picture on the side of your blog, with a little bit about her. You have every one but her now. I loved your letter to your dad.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Cammie, that was beautiful! I think your whole family is wonderful! YOu have the sweetest Mom ever and your Dad is a great man!

Hope you and your fam are doing well! Post some pics of your new little one eh!

Scott and Athena said...

I remember your dad as principal. I didn't know him very well but there was something about him that made me always look up to him. He is a great guy. We are actually due on thursday, Dec
3rd, another boy. We're excited.