Thursday, December 10, 2009

My little minor surgery

Sometime in the last year I had this growth on my chest and at first I just thought it was a zit but it never went away. I asked my gynocologist about it back in June and he thought it was an issue and would just go away but said I could go to a dermotologist because they would know better. Well I just kept on putting it off for a long time. Then around October it just started growing more So I made an appointment and luckily they got me in quickly and the lady said it was a cyst and they set me up on their surgery day at the end of November to get it removed. At that point I was fine to wait. I was really nervous that something was wrong because it was growing so much and I have kept putting it off, but it didn't hurt. Just a few days later it started growing more and became quite painful and red. I called the doctor's office and let them know what was going on and told them I couldn't wait till then to get it removed. They got me in the next Monday and Dr. Young told me it was a cyst and that most likely it was not in any danger of having cancer in it but they would still test it. I got numbed up real well and he went to work. He said it was most likely hurting me because at some point it had ruptured and there was a bunch of scar tissue around there. I have stitches down deep that will take about 3 months to go away and stitches on top that they removed a week later. I saw the main part that they cut out and sent in to be tested. It was about the size of a gobstopper or bigger. I am so glad to have it out.
After the stitches were taken out.

This is about a week after the stitches were put in. It already looked so much better.

3 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Cam! You'd better let us know how this turns out. It looks like it hurts!

The Liechty's said...

WE both have scares on our chest. We have so much in common. I still have you beat though, because mine is BIGGER!!!he he he

Emily + Eric said...

Cammie- for real - I have the exact same scar in the exact same spot, removed by Dr. Young himself. We are kindred spirits, you and I. Cyst sisters. Heh Heh