Sunday, May 23, 2010

Emergency Room

Well we had a real scare this morning with Rylin. She was laying in our bed with Dustin and he fell asleep and Rylin took a tumble off of our bed. I was downstairs and that was the loudest bang ever. I ran upstairs, she was crying and I took her from Dustin. When I was holding her she all of a sudden blacked out and turned purple. I was trying to get her to open her eyes. She would a few times open her eyes a little and then they would just shut again. I seriously thought she was dead or dying. I was yelling to Dustin to call 911. Then she came out of it and we layed her down. She was ghostly white. She soon started acting normal again. We called the doctor on call and she said that even though she is acting fine now the going purple and blacking out could happen again and we needed to go to the ER right away, don't wait. So we met my mom at Macey's store on the way and gave Macie to her. At the ER the doctor told us he thinks she passed out from crying so hard and I told him I didn't think so because she has cried a lot harder and longer than that before, like just last night she screamed blood murder because I was trying to get her to go to bed in her crib on her own. But he told us to watch her closely today and that he thought doing a CAT SCAN right now would be a mistake because of all the radiation, etc. He said she wasn't showing any signs of head trauma and that if she did later then we would do a CAT SCAN. Hopefully she is fine and nothing else will happen with it. It makes me nervous because I know people where they have hit their head and seem fine and then a few hours later all goes south. Hopefully that isn't the case here.
Really bad scare today. I thought my baby was gone. I told Dustin if she went, he'd have to send me too. So thankful she seems just fine and keep praying she stays fine.

3 comments:

The Liechty's said...

How aweful. I can't even imagine how scary that would be for you. I am glad she is ok and I will pray for her. I will put her name in the temple tomorrow.

Ash & Tim said...

I can't imagine what that must have been like. I am glad to hear that she is doing well and hopefully she will continue to do great. You will have to keep us posted.

Gunnell Fam said...

That is so scary! Kaleb pulled Logan off the bed when he was just 6 weeks old. Thankfully, nothing was wrong, but I know that scared feeling. Congratulations on the weight loss! Awesome.